VW Caledonia SX
If you love the idea of owning an iconic old VW camper, but need something practical, reliable and new, my VW Caledonia SX is perfect for you
The name Volkswagen is practically synonymous with campervans in many people’s minds. So we’re happy to offer our own range of Volkswagen campervans, based on the latest Transporter vans, with their excellent reliability, low-emission Euro 6 diesel engines with AdBlue, fitted out with all the 21st Century luxuries you’d expect.
When I first jumped into my VW T6-based campervan I was pleased to find that it feels like a car, and has plenty of oomph to get up hills or cruise on the motorway. My VW Caledonia SX looks big, but it’s shorter than some estate cars, such as the BMW 5 series, so you can drive it anywhere. I think it’s pretty eye-catching, too – a new VW icon in the making. You’ll turn heads in this vehicle, so don’t forget to give a friendly wave to fellow campervan drivers on country roads.
The reliable VW T6 sips fuel, achieving up to an astonishing 46 combined MPG. Choose from two engine sizes and a five- or six-speed gearbox – or even Volkswagen’s diesel ‘automatic’ – the DSG. The latest VW vans are all designed to make driving a dream. Whether you’re touring French vineyards for three weeks, seeking sun, sea, and paella in Spain, or visiting friends in England, the VW Caledonia SX is a fantastic home from home.
All our new campervans come with our latest SX system – an underslung LPG tank and heater, with an external BBQ point. The LPG tank powers the heating and twin-burner hob. Plus there’s a fantastic new user-friendly control panel. From this control panel you can switch the LED lights on and off individually, turn the gas supply, fridge and heater on and off. There are dials to tell you how much LPG is left in the tank, and also the condition of both the vehicle and leisure batteries. There are even circuit-breakers on the panel – and everything is easy to use.
We can build you your own VW Caledonia SX (SWB) from around £39,995 (“brand new secondhand”) or from £47,995 (brand new) and you can specify many extra design touches, to make it uniquely yours.
Caledonia SX MPV
- Pop-top roof
- 4 or 5 belted seats
- 4 or 5 berth
- LED lighting
- Single or double swivel seat
- 50L fridge with freezer compartment
- SMEV hob & sink unit
- Optional privacy glass
- Under-slung LPG tank
- External LPG barbecue point
- USB and 12V battery sockets
- User-friendly control panel
- Optional solar panel
- Mains hook up & 12v system with leisure battery
- Hand-finished furniture & upholstery
Sample specification (Highline)
- Engine 2.0 litre TDI
- Transmission Manual or Auto
- Power/Torque 150 PS
- 0-62 mph 11.1 seconds
- Top speed (where law permits) 113 mph
- CO2 159 g/km squared
- Combined MPG 46.3 mpg
- Braking system Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Security Thatcham Category 1 alarm and immobiliser.
- Height with pop-top (down) approx. 2m
- Short wheel base version length 4904 mm
- Long wheel base version length 5304 mm
- Width including mirrors 2.29m
- Width without mirrors 1.9m
Take to the road in your VW Caledonia SX
- Your Caledonia SX can be fitted with a choice of alloy wheels.
- The elevated driving position in the VW gives great visibility and makes driving a breeze, with everything in easy reach.
- The Caledonia’s large wing mirrors give a clear view to the sides. For extra peace of mind, we can install a reversing camera to help squeeze into those tight spots.
- With built-in radio, sat-nav and Bluetooth, driving off on your adventures couldn’t be easier in your Caledonia! (selected models only).
Take a look inside the VW Caledonia
- By day you have a spacious kitchen-diner, and at night you can still get to the fridge, even with the bed made up!
- Blackout curtains are fitted as standard to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Our campervans come with a thermostatically controlled heating system, and are fully carpeted to eliminate cool spots.
- Choose double or single swivel passenger seats for more comfortable lounging and dining.
Let’s settle down for the night in our patented Rock ‘n’ Roll beds
To transform the belted rear seat into a double bed, just pull the lever and back rest towards you, then when it’s down slide the top section of the bed towards the back, closing the gap. It takes just a few seconds – voila!
How easy was that? And it’s just as quick in the morning to turn the bedroom into your breakfast room.