Are you going to the Show?
We don't normally exhibit Sussex Campervans at any shows, because we would always much prefer to invite people to visit us. That way we can spend one-to-one time getting to know what kind of campervan they really need.
We love showing clients a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes - in Coachworks, in Upholstery, in the Wood Workshop and Integration. It's where the magic happens and we transform each plain panel van into a complete, bespoke campervan.
Sussex Campervans are really special - MD Daniel Lopez-Ferreiro has developed the designs year-on-year, making sure that they not only make the most of the internal space within each van, but that the fittings are easy to use, even for non-technically minded people who have never owned a campervan before!
However, this year we did break our own rules about shows - because we were very proud to take part in the three-day show at Ardingly. The annual South of England Show is a wonderful showcase of all the best of Sussex life. We are Sussex people and we love being based in woodland workshops in the Sussex countryside. We have a host of local suppliers, as well as our workforce. Many of our campervan owners live in the South of England, too, though some are based as far away as Northern Ireland, Scotland and Devon.
The South of England Show ran from Thursday 6th June to Saturday 8th June, 2019. We drove a convoy of campervans to the show and set them up in a semi-circle for all to explore - so thank you to everyone who popped over to say hello!
Not only did we show a selection of our beautiful Sussex Campervans, but we had a chance to see vintage tractors, heritage crafts, local produce, and plenty more delights at the show. It was a wonderful day out for all the family - because children under 16 were admitted in FREE, with a paying adult. We saw delicious local produce, heritage crafts, an amazing cow parade, beautifully groomed and well trained horses, motorbike stunt riders and loads more.
At least two of our Sussex Campervan owners were there - Jenny was demonstrating how to spin wool in a Sussex Guild crafts tent, while Alison and Robin were selling some lovely bee products in the bee tent and staying in their Sussex Campervan overnight.
It was certainly a sociable show and our Sussex Campervans stand was right in the heart of the show, on Kleinwort Avenue, near the showjumping ring.
South of England Show 2019 - Highlights
- Children saw Shetland ponies compete in a mini Grand National.
- Young pigs proved their agility in a piggy pranks obstacle course.
- We met some of the cast from the exciting Saxon and Norman battle re-enactments.
- There were birds of prey, water buffalo and other animals.
- Children were excited when they saw The Gruffalo and had photos taken with this popular book character.
- We enjoyed the terrifying thrills of the Bolddog Lings motorcycle stunt display.
- There was a new 2019 Wine Walk featuring our fantastic local vineyards.
- We popped into the Artisan Food Village.
- Some of us bought plants and rural crafts and visited the independent boutiques.
- There was fly fishing, wood carving and hedge laying to watch.
- East Sussex College students played live music.
- There were showjumping events.
- Best of all, we had a selection of our Sussex Campervans on display - and we enjoyed the delighted surprise in people's voices when they realised that these are more luxurious than your average camper.
Didn't make it to The South of England Show? Don't worry - if you'd like to see our campervans just ring 01403 336 369 for a chat or to book a visit after the show is over! We'd love to meet you and find out more about your campervan dreams.
If you are coming to visit our woodland workshops near Horsham, please do book an appointment - that way we can look after you better on-site, as we show you our stock vans and discuss our built-to-order service, too. There's a price guide on this website for each range of Sussex Campervans.
See you soon!