Renault Trafic Camper Conversion
The Manhattan offers a more spacious version of the classic campervan layout, with its side-kitchen and rock and roll double bed - the perfect family campervan.
We designed the Manhattan range to fill the need for a well specified modern family campervan for two to five people. The Manhattan Compact and the more spacious Manhattan MPV are based on the brilliant Nissan NV300 or its twin, the Renault Trafic. These vans are wonderful to drive and are an even better boxy shape for conversion than the Volkswagen T6. Just like the VW Caledonia it has a side kitchen, with a Smev two-burner hob and sink unit and useful cupboards. You can have up to three travel seats in the cab and two on the back seat, which transforms easily into a Sussex Campervans rock and roll bed, designed in-house and independently tested for safety.
All our new campervans have an underslung LPG tank to power the hob and heater, with an external BBQ point. The user-friendly control panel has USB and 12V sockets and operates the lights, gas, fridge and heater. Gauges show when to top up the LPG tank or charge the vehicle and leisure batteries. Solar panels are an option, too. Two adults can sleep in the pop-top roof on an elevating bed or on a set of padded roof boards.
The Manhattan MPV often appeals to families, since it has more floor space for a dog's bed or an ottoman behind the cab seats, which can be used as a small bed for a child. The Manhattan (SWB) starts from from £59,995 for a built-to-order Manhattan. The Manhattan MPV (LWB) starts from £62,995.
There's also the Manhattan Solo layout with a single bed and more floor space. It's the perfect camper for one person, or even couples, with or without a dog.
If the Manhattan isn't for you, don't worry, we have a range of different bespoke camper conversions available.
- Your choice of upholstery, wood and flooring
- Pop-top elevating roof with unique panoramic window
- 4 or 5 belted seats
- Single or double front swivel passenger seat (MPV option does not swivel)
- Sleeps 2-4
- Rock n Roll bed
- Classic side kitchen layout with additional under-bed storage and flyover cupboards
- LED lighting
- USB and 12V battery sockets
- SMEV 2-burner gas hob and sink unit
- 50L compressor fridge with freezer compartment
- External LPG gas BBQ point
- Thermostatic gas heating system with built-in underslung LPG tank
- User-friendly stainless steel control panel
- 240V electric hook-up and 12V leisure battery
- Upholstered roof panels
- Solar panel
- Inverter system for 240V power off-grid
- Slide-out Porta Potti under bed
- Additional ottoman with storage (MPV only)
- Marine gas hob and oven upgrade (MPV only)