The Manhattan SX
I designed the Manhattan SX to fill the need for a well specified modern campervan, with the classic side-kitchen layout, Rock ‘n’ Roll double bed, five belted seats and five berths
In the Manhattan SX my team builds a classic campervan layout, brought into the 21st Century, with all the mod cons you would expect. Whether you choose the Manhattan SX, or the more spacious Manhattan SX MPV, as you walk in through the sliding side door, you’ll see the attractive and practical side kitchen running along the driver’s side, with its Smev two-burner hob and sink unit and many cupboards. To your right are the two belted rear seats. These transform very easily into a comfortable flat Rock ‘n’ Roll bed, designed by myself and independently tested for safety. Whether you like your bed hard, soft, or topped with memory foam, I can get my upholstery department to adapt it for you, to replicate what you have at home. We can also offer you a chance to personalise the upholstery and furniture with a choice of fabric colours and textures and furniture boards.
All our new campervans come with our latest SX system – an underslung LPG tank and heater, with an external BBQ point. The LPG tank powers the heating and twin-burner hob. Plus there’s a fantastic new user-friendly control panel. From this control panel you can switch the LED lights on and off individually, turn the gas supply, fridge and heater on and off. There are dials to tell you how much LPG is left in the tank, and also the condition of both the vehicle and leisure batteries. There are even twin USB ports and a 12V cigarette lighter style socket, and circuit-breakers on the panel – it’s all so easy to use. Solar panels are now an option, too.
The elevating roof gives you plenty of headroom and the option of having an extra double bed in the roof. The seating arrangements are flexible too – if you choose the factory-fitted three-seat cab option, you can have five passengers on belted seats. This is brilliant for daily use as well as holidays with the family.
Both models are based on the Renault Trafic or Vauxhall Vivaro. The Manhattan SX campervan based on the short wheelbase vehicle is easy to drive and park. It will fit on most people’s drives and in supermarket car parks.
The Manhattan SX MPV gives you more room in the lounge-diner and kitchen area. This extra floor space often appeals to families, who may want to have an ottoman fitted behind the cab seats, providing extra storage and a bed for a small child. Dog owners also love having that extra floor space, as it’s a great place to put the dog bed.
The Manhattan SX (SWB) starts from £34,995 (“brand new secondhand”) or from £38,995 (brand new), while the Manhattan SX MPV (LWB) starts from £35,995 (“brand new secondhand”) or £39,995 (brand new).
Your Guide to the
Get yours for free now
Enjoy Your Guide to the Manhattan Campervans with different layouts, based on the Vauxhall Vivaro or Renault Trafic. Then give us a call to discuss how to buy a campervan.
Manhattan SX MPV
- Pop-top roof
- 4 or 5 belted seats
- 4 or 5 berth
- LED lighting
- Single or double swivel seat
- 50L fridge with freezer compartment
- SMEV hob & sink unit
- Optional privacy glass
- Under-slung LPG tank
- External LPG barbecue point
- USB and 12V battery sockets
- User-friendly control panel
- Optional solar panel
- Mains hook-up & 12V system with leisure battery
- Hand-finished furniture & upholstery
Sample specification (Highline)
- Engine 1.6 litre Twin Turbo dCi 145 Energy
- Transmission Manual, 6-speed
- Power/Torque 340 Nm
- 0-62 mph 10.9 seconds
- Top speed (where law permits) 112 mph
- CO2 160 g/km
- Combined MPG 46.3 mpg
- Braking system Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Safety Feature Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Security Factory fitted immobiliser
- Height with pop-top (down) approx. 2m
- Short wheel base version length 4999 mm
- Long wheel base version length 5399 mm
- Width including mirrors 2.28m
- Width without mirrors 1.95m
Take to the road in a Manhattan
- Your Manhattan can be fitted with a choice of alloy wheels for a comfortable ride.
- The elevated driving position in the Manhattan makes driving a breeze, with everything in easy reach as well as great visibility.
- The Manhattan’s large wing mirrors give a clear view to the sides. For extra peace of mind, we can install a reversing camera to help squeeze into those tight spots.
- With built in radio, sat-nav and bluetooth, driving off on your adventures couldn’t be easier in your Manhattan! (selected models only).
Take a look inside the Manhattan
- The optional ottoman is not only great extra seating – it also gives you the option for extra storage, or even a compartment for a Porta-Potti.
- The double hob and sink unit makes it easy to prepare home-cooked meals in your home on wheels.
- Blackout curtains are fitted as standard to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep, and the zipped roof can be adjusted to allow for ventilation or be fully closed to block out the light.
- Even with the bed made up, you still have access to the fridge. It’s just as quick in the morning to turn your bedroom into your breakfast room.
Let’s settle down for the night in our patented Rock ‘n’ Roll beds
To transform the belted rear seat into a double bed, just pull the lever and back rest towards you, then when it’s down slide the top section of the bed towards the back, closing the gap. It takes just a few seconds – voila!
How easy was that? And it’s just as quick in the morning to turn the bedroom into your breakfast room.